Preparation & cooking time: 10 mins
Calories: 220 kcal
- A serving of porridge made with 30g (120 cal) of rolled oats
- 200 ml (100 cal) semi-skimmed milk.
- Mix rolled oats (30g) and semi-skimmed milk 200ml (or water or other milk
substitutes) in a bowl – use a large bowl to prevent spilling over when cooking.
- Cook uncovered in the microwave (on stow) on high power for 2 minutes. Stir.
- Cook for another minute if necessary until smooth and creamy.
Tip: Add any combo of your favourite toppings such as sliced banana, sultanas, canned or fresh fruit, chopped dates, or yoghurt.
NB: Please note that breakfast should be on average around 400 cal so you can add:
– 1 x banana will add 100 cal
– 15 grams of nuts 8-10 piece’s of brazil, almond, walnut (seeds are similar in
calories) is ~ 100 calories
– dried fruit, raisins, dates, prunes etc – 30g (handful) is 100 calories. Dried
fruits have roughly half a calories of nuts & seeds.
– 1x tablespoon of honey 64 cal, teaspoon 22 calories
– Greek yoghurt 1x tablespoon (45g) is 60cal